Skip to main content

#2 Dictionary


  Innovation
major definitions : a new idea
example sentence : Innovation and hard work are the cornerstones of this company.

 Morph
major definitions : to develop a new appearance or change into something else, or to make something do this
example sentence : Even as people try to learn how to use them, computers are morphing into something new.

  Consequence
major definitions : something that happens as a result of a particular action or set of conditions
example sentence :  It is important to bear in mind that these financial consequences have, until very recently, remained largely hidden.

  Tout
major definitions : to praise something or someone in order to persuade people that they are important or worth a lot
example sentence : Chef Foley was one of the first to tout Midwestern cuisine.

  Phenomenal
major definitions : very great or impressive

example sentence : The phenomenal success of Pelham Street pulled both her and Bernard increasingly into the capital.


Tool : Longman Dictionary https://www.ldoceonline.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#1 Introduction

Greetings! My name is Ivy. I'm from Taichung where the weather usually is nice.         I'm major in information management at National Taipei University of Business. In the past two years, I spent most of my time learning computer science because of my major.         I don't have a lot of interests, I usually swipe my phone in my free time. When I surf on the internet, I like to watch videos on Youtube and check my social network websites.         Wishing my English can make progress through the course is what I expect to myself this semester.

#5 Story

Story The King's Secret link ●Secluded [adj]    very  private  and  quiet   Ex:  We  picnicked  one day on a small  secluded   beach  and, after,  lay   sunbathing  on the  hot   sand . ●Barber [noun]    a man whose job is to cut men’s  hair  and  sometimes  to  shave  them   Ex:  My  barber  Albert wouldn't have known where to stop cutting. ●Dungeon [noun]    a  dark   underground   prison , especially under a  castle , that was used in the past   Ex:  Gwen will be thinking I've been put in a  dungeon . It’s a folktale. Once upon a time, there lived a king who had a son with the ears of an ox. The king was ashamed of him and afraid of people knowing about him. However, everyone lived in the kingdom has heard about his son has the ears of an ox, they never said anything because they didn’t want to let the king be angry. The king finally realized he was a cruel father he had been to keep his son hidden away for so many years.

#7 edX

Modern China’s Foundations: The Manchus and the Qing Trailer Meet the Professors From Harvard It's quite a different experience in attending MOOCs. We can learn the lessons from a lot of universities even if we aren't their students. Moreover, we can have the certification after we finish the course, but we only have to watch the videos, we don't have to go to the class to join the course. We can have more source to learn and more convenient now.