Skip to main content

#2 Dictionary


●  Innovation
major definitions : a new idea
example sentence : Innovation and hard work are the cornerstones of this company.

● Morph
major definitions : to develop a new appearance or change into something else, or to make something do this
example sentence : Even as people try to learn how to use them, computers are morphing into something new.

●  Consequence
major definitions : something that happens as a result of a particular action or set of conditions
example sentence :  It is important to bear in mind that these financial consequences have, until very recently, remained largely hidden.

●  Tout
major definitions : to praise something or someone in order to persuade people that they are important or worth a lot
example sentence : Chef Foley was one of the first to tout Midwestern cuisine.

●  Phenomenal
major definitions : very great or impressive

example sentence : The phenomenal success of Pelham Street pulled both her and Bernard increasingly into the capital.


Tool : Longman Dictionary https://www.ldoceonline.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#7 edX

Modern China’s Foundations: The Manchus and the Qing Trailer Meet the Professors From Harvard It's quite a different experience in attending MOOCs. We can learn the lessons from a lot of universities even if we aren't their students. Moreover, we can have the certification after we finish the course, but we only have to watch the videos, we don't have to go to the class to join the course. We can have more source to learn and more convenient now.

#1 Introduction

Greetings! My name is Ivy. I'm from Taichung where the weather usually is nice.         I'm major in information management at National Taipei University of Business. In the past two years, I spent most of my time learning computer science because of my major.         I don't have a lot of interests, I usually swipe my phone in my free time. When I surf on the internet, I like to watch videos on Youtube and check my social network websites.         Wishing my English can make progress through the course is what I expect to myself this semester.

#4 English Song

A Whole New World Audio Video Lyrics Singer: Brad Kane - an American actor , singer , producer, and writer Lea Salonga – a singer and actress ●shimmer [verb]     to shine with a soft light that looks as if it shakes slightly     ex: When he moved, his silk green shirt shimmered . ●tumbling [noun]     a sport similar to gymnastics but with all the exercises done on the floor     ex: The momentum often subsides , leading to a tumbling of the share price. ●thrilling [adjective]     interesting and exciting     ex: The helicopter trip over the mountains was a thrilling end to a fantastic holiday . This song is a song from Disney's 1992 animated feature film Aladdin when I heard the song, it reminds me of the animation. It's like I'm sitting on the magic carpet and traveling through the street. It’s soft music, you can feel relax w...